You are currently viewing Spring Bazaar 2020

Spring Bazaar 2020

The Charity Bazaar took place on Saturday the 8th of February 2020. This year, it raised a whopping 5,923 KD, breaking last year’s record of 4,974 KD! The bazaar sold about 1900 entry tickets, which is 400 more tickets sold than last year’s!  There were many spectacular stalls at the event such as: Arts and Crafts, Books, Souvenirs, and Food stalls. There was even a photo booth as well! We’d like to thank all the students and their parents who rented stalls and donated money. Also, a warm thank you to ‘Kids Land’, which raised and donated 600 KD and the Food stalls, who donated 350 KD. The money that had been raised for the dog organisation: ‘Save A Soul’ at The Charity Bazaar has been sent to ‘The Royal Animal Hospital’, where they take care of domestic animals that have been abandoned and are suffering. ‘The Royal Animal Hospital’ provides extensive veterinary services and quality pet care such as pet transport, travel, vaccinations and even surgery. Our very own NES students walk and care for those dogs every Saturday! The Student Voice decided how much money went to other chosen charities. A massive Thank You goes to Ms. Rawa for organising this very special event. Many thanks also go to our prefects, head boy, and head girl for sacrificing three weeks worth of their break times to carefully organise and plan out the Charity Bazaar. We would also like to thank the teachers who helped organise the event, as they spent most of their weekends at school, and the janitors, for contributing widely to organise the event.