You are currently viewing Introducing Student Voice of 2019!

Introducing Student Voice of 2019!

Every year, the selection process for the Student Voice involves a vast amount of work. Only students who are really passionate about representing their year group put in the effort for the hustings.Their campaign involves posters and speeches that encourage the students of the year group they are running for to vote for them.

“We decided to use a slightly different technique for selecting Yr 10/11 SV representatives: interviews. Promising applicants had a group interview session with Ms. Williams, the Head of Year (Ms. Dean for yr 10s and Mr. Cornell for the year 11s) and the Head Girl/Boy. We had a holistic selection process (admittingly a difficult one due to the competition we were faced with) inciting their strength of character communicated through the content of their answers.”

– Head Boy Nachiket Dighe

Year 7 representatives

Adam Abdul Sater

7.4

Hey everyone, 

I am Adam, the student voice representative for Year 7. I love playing basketball and biking. I bike for 2km every Friday after I play basketball with my brother. However, I also play baseball and American football. I am honest and trustworthy, and I will always make sure your ideas are heard. No one will be left out if you give your ideas to any of the members in the student voice. I communicate very well with my group in the student voice.     

Year 8 representatives

Aya Khalifa from Year 8 

Hello, my name is Aya Khalifa. I am in 8.3. This is my second year as a part of the student voice committee in NES. My favourite subjects are Maths and Biology, and my favourite lessons to attend are PE, Biology, Music and Drama. I have been in NES for 2 years and this is my third. In my free time, I love doing gymnastics, cooking and sewing. When I grow up, I want to establish my own food company and therefore an entrepreneur or a CEO. My favourite sports are basketball, gymnastics and volleyball. Musically speaking, I have just recently started practicing how to play the piano.

Abdulrazzaq Saab from Year 8

Hello everybody, 

My name is AbdulRazzaq Saab and I am 13 years old. I am the Student Voice representative for Year 8 and I ran for Student Voice because I wanted to make NES a better place to study in. My two favourite subjects are Math and ICT as I am good at them (they are also quite fun!). I also like to read, watch Netflix and play video games such as FIFA 20, The Legend of Zelda and Borderlands 3.

Year 9 representatives

Yash Anand from Year 9

Good day everyone, 

I am Yash Anand, the Student Voice representative for Year 9 this year. To describe myself: I am passionate about Maths; it’s one of those subjects I’ve always liked, because I like to take on challenges and it constantly allows me space to improve. Another activity I like doing is karate. It is not only very important to know self-defence, but it also looks cool when you perform the complex techniques and it is great exercise. 

Worood Al Humaidhan

9.4

Hi, my name is Worood Al Humaidhan. I’m the student voice of year 9 because I have always liked being a leader. I like to harbour control over things and what I’m doing. Just like every school student, I have opinions on what I like and enjoy about NES and what I don’t. So I thought being of being in the student voice so I can share my ideas and hopefully get them across to the rest of the school.

Year 10 representatives

Leen Baba Sawi from Year 10

Hey everyone, I am Leen Baba Sawi, the student voice representative for year 10. I would love to introduce myself to you: I love painting and it’s one of my favourite hobbies. What excites me most about painting is that time flows without me noticing. Moreover, I make sure I spend time with my friends. I enjoy sports, eg – volleyball, basketball and football. Singing is my second hobby, I sing everywhere- and I really mean everywhere 🙂 

What means the most to me is time; I make sure I make use of every second available because I believe that time never comes back. I am trustworthy and honest. I care about people’s feelings more than my own. Now, everyone has a bad part in them- mine is that I can’t trust someone easily until they prove it. I am also really competitive. 

I believe that the 2 most powerful weapons are patience and time. Kindness is everything which is why I am totally against bullying. Kindness basically means seeing the good in others when they can’t see it in themselves. I love enjoying life and seeking adventure. 

Yara Youssef from Year 10

Hey, my name is Yara Youssef and I am a Student Voice Representative  for Year 10. I play 3 instruments: guitar, piano and I used to play the drums. I also play sports, as I used to be in the school’s  girls’ football team in 2016-2017. I like to draw and listen to music in my free time. I also like to travel a lot and I would love to travel all around the world one day. I love history and visiting museums and exploring artifacts. I also saw the Mona Lisa in the Louvre Museum. To me, my family is the most important thing in my life as they encouraged me to apply for Student Voice and they help me become a better person. They are very supportive and I would not be able to do anything without them. I am also very helpful and am a friendly person, as I have heard from most people. I am proud to represent my year group and present my and the year groups many ideas.        

Year 11 representatives

Huda Al-Holi from Year 11 

Heyy!! My name is Huda Al-Holi, year 11’s student voice representative. I’ve always wanted to be in the student voice but I have always been hesitant to apply because I felt like I was not good enough . This year, however, I wanted to try new things and step out of my comfort zone- so I applied and… well, I got it. I like photography, TikTok and Netflix  I always try to stay positive, which is probably why I am known for my weird laugh. I have a phobia of cats- so if you see me running away screaming, that’s probably why. I am also the biggest FRIENDS fan you’ll ever meet. Lastly, you can always approach me even if I do not know you- I am a very friendly person and very social so, trust me, I will make you feel as welcome and appreciated as possible and will try my best to make your idea possible. 

Howra Jahrami from Year 11

Hello guys! I am Howra Jahrami, one of the year 11 representatives this year. Some of the interesting facts about me are that I am quite fond of drawing, acting, enjoying new culinary experiences with different cuisines from all around the world, and the infamous application, on which I simultaneously stream six shows, Netflix. I also used to believe I could fly (almost jumped off a balcony).

I am a really opinionated person, and that is one of the primary reasons I applied for student voice; to share my thoughts, opinions and suggestions. The majority of students believe that student voice is pointless, and does little to change anything. One of my main goals is to combat this, and to convince students that they matter and so do their ideas!

You are probably already familiar with my ideas, but that is precisely the reason I believe they are worth mentioning. They include trousers for girls, field trips and open counseling. In my opinion, if a reasonable idea is continuously mentioned each year, and students are still interested, it means that it should be considered.

Another reason I chose to apply for student voice is because this year will potentially be by far the most stressful for everyone, and I strive to help significantly reduce this effect creating a stress-free environment which is more enjoyable for both students and staff. As a student voice representative, I would like to break the barrier between staff members and students as I doubt school life can be altered positively without an established student-staff relationship. Being personally quite passionate about learning different perspectives, I hope the Year 11s will help contribute in making this year a memorable one. Cooperation and compromise are key! Thank you :)) 

Sixth Form representatives 

Shahin Daghlas from L6-4                                                  

My name is Shahin Daghlas. I am 16.

I have very strong beliefs and I go to great lengths in order to get them through to the world. My hobbies include watching The Fresh Prince of Bel Air and procrastinating while watching The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. I also take great pleasure in the art of satire (whether or not I am a walking satirical piece on human biology is still up for debate). 

My taste in music evolves every 2 months. I enjoy playing the guitar, which is strange because I don’t know how to play the guitar. When I care about an anomaly in the system, I will eliminate it with no mercy; when I see an injustice take place, I get sick to my stomach. Me along with my partner in the Sixth Form, Nada, will make sure that no voice goes unheard. My ultimate goal in life is to eliminate the 1%.

Nada Abdulwahab L6-2

Hello, I’m Nada. 

I like baking cookies and listening to very sad music. I’ve been in this school for 13 years now, so it’s safe to say that nothing surprises me anymore. Well, except maybe this implicit perennial state of no surprises.

You’ve probably seen that obnoxious, flashy locker on the top floor of the C block. Well, I’ll have you know that that obnoxious, flashy locker belongs to me, and that any and all of your ideas are welcome in it. (Please, no more “BRING BACK THE KDD CHOCOLATE MILK!!!” notes. I’m working on it. Also, no more “Cake for Mr. Brett.”) For all intents and purposes, this is my attempt at reaching out to every year group, as I know how secluded the sixth form can be.

Also, I like knitting. Also, if I ever get a pet lizard, you all should be fearful of the sheer magnitude of lizard-glow I will have about me. That is all. Happy locker-spamming, folks.