- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (vegetable oil or coconut oil is fine)
- 1 ¼ Cup White Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup + 1 Tbsp all-purpose (or plain) flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray. Line with parchment paper (or baking paper).
- Combine melted butter, oil and sugar together in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk well for about a minute. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly (another minute).
- Pour in flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over mix as doing so will affect the texture of your brownies). Add chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the centre of the brownies in the pan no longer jiggles and is just set to the touch (the brownies will keep baking in the hot pan out of the oven). If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out dirty for fudge-textured brownies.
- Cool for as long as you can wait, and…
Chef Anthony’s tip:
- Add in (chopped) Reese’s peanut butter cups, walnuts or swirls of caramel sauce for extra special brownies.